Stress & Anxiety Workshops
A workshop for children and adults to learn yoga techniques that release stress and ease anxiety
In this workshop you will learn the key yoga poses, breathing practices and relaxation techniques to tackle stress and anxiety through calming the body and mind. Children as young as 3 years old are welcome to attend the family workshops.
Not only adults suffer from stress and anxiety. Young children through to teenagers are being diagnosed with significant stress and anxiety that affects their wellbeing. Learning yoga can give you the tools to take control of your mental, emotional and physical wellbeing.
The medical profession is now recommending yoga and many health care funds cover yoga classes (see the list here)
According to Headspace, common symptoms of anxiety are:
- persistent worrying and excessive fears
- increased irritability
- difficulty in concentration, easily distracted
- avoidance of feared situations
- excessive shyness, social isolation/being withdrawn
- inability to relax, poor sleep
- problems with work, social or family life
- muscle tension
In this workshop you will:
- Release tension from the body
- Learn breathing practices you can use anytime, anywhere
- Experience a guided deep relaxation
- Take home your own stress-buster strategy
- Receive comprehensive notes so you can continue the practices at home
Fees: 1 teenager $25; Family: 1 parent & kid $25, 1 parent & 2 kids $30, 1 parent & 3 kids $35, second parent $20.
Bookings: Contact for workshop dates and bookings.
Location: In autumn and winter at Studio3Newtown, Level 1, 333 King St Newtown. In spring and summer outdoors at Enmore Park near Victoria Rd (look for the colourful parachute on the ground).
What to bring: Yoga mats or towel/sarong for each person.
Questions? Call Molly on 0416 341 139 or use the contact form.