Great yoga reads
Here are some of my favourite yoga resources – these are great books for yoga students interested in developing their spiritual side or enhancing their at-home practice – or making sense of how yoga is changing your life!
- The Heart of Yoga: Developing A Personal Practice by T.K.V Desikachar (Inner Traditions International 1995)
- Asana Pranayama Mudra Bandha by Swami Satyanda Saraswati (Bihar School of Yoga 1996) from www.satyananda.com.au
- Stretch Your Mind & Body With Yoga by Amoona Metcalfe (Amoona Metcalfe 1996)
- Yoga Mind, Body & Spirit: A Return to Wholeness by Donna Farhi (Holt Paperbacks 2000)
- Bringing Yoga to Life: The Everyday Practice of Enlightened Living by Donna Farhi (HarperOne 2005)
Where to buy yoga books
Sometimes these books are hard to find. Amazon and Book Depository (a UK site that offers free shipping) are sure to have most of them. Satyananda books and Yoga Nidra CDs are available online at www.satyananda.com.au. More Yoga Nidra recordings are now on iTunes as well.
Molly Furzer has been practising yoga since 1999 and teaching since 2007. She teaches gentle yoga to adults and Kids & Family Yoga in the Rainbow Kids Yoga method. She also teaches Laughter Yoga and offers Meliae Intuitive Healing and Past Life Regression Therapy.